|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
This black and white photograph depicts the Niagra No. 1 Fire Engine House in Lakeport.
The engine house was located on Gold Street in Lakeport. The Winipesaukee River is on the left of the picture. The Old Niagra, with its hose carriage, is in front of the building. The builidng has a sign in the front stating "Niagra 1". Also in the two windows on the front is labeled "1".In 1908 the city conveyed the building to the Darius A. Drake Post No. 36 of the GAR, which moved it across the river in May of 1908. There is a sign to the right of the building stating "Headquarters For Clothing". There appears to be the bottom of a flagpole on the top of the building. There are houses in the background on the left. On the back is written "Rustic ___, 3/4 R.W." and "Old Fire Station by Henry Odell (Shore ?)".
|Related Publications||"Lakeport", Images of America Series, by Warren Huse, Page 55.|
|Repository||From the collections of Laconia Public Library|
Laconia Fire Department
Lakeport Engine House No. 1
Fire engines & equipment
Fire fighting equipment