Lakes Region History Online
Laconia Historical & Museum Society

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number L1990.0110.N.0034
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description This black and white photograph depicts the Lakeport Dam in Lakeport in the late 1800s.

In the foreground is water . The Lakeport Dam spans from the far left to the right background. There is a stonewall on the far left at the end of the dam and part of a building. In the background on the far right at the other end of the dam is the Lake Company Gatehouse. In the background on the far left is the F.R. Adam's West End Grocery and Provision Store. In the center background are additional buildings. In the background on the right are two Franklin ( McGrath ) Square buildings. In the center far background is the steeple of the Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church. On the back is written "Lakeport Dam".
Earliest Date 1850
Latest Date 1900
Place Lakeport
Related Publications "Lakeport", Images of America Series, by Warren Huse, Page 76.
Repository From the collections of Laconia Public Library
Search Terms Lakeport
Lake Village
Lakeport Dam
Lake Company Gatehouse
F.R. Adam's West End Grocery and Provision Store
McGrath Square (Lakeport)
Franklin (McGrath) Square
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church
Subjects Rivers
Riverfronts
Water
Buildings
Windows
Chimneys
Dams
Rivers
River banks
Water power
Waterpower
1850s
1860s
1870s
1880s
1890s
Stores & shops
Storefronts
Retail stores
Grocery stores
Churches
Religion
Religious architectural elements
Religious buildings
Religious facilities
Steeples
Gatehouses