|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
This black and white photograph depicts the bare corner of Main Street and Union Avenue in Laconia in 1948.
In the foreground is the intersection of Main Street and Union Avenue with a utility pole in the center of the intersection. There is a streetlight on the utility pole and a small sign stating "Information Booth". There is a fire hydrant to the right of the utility pole. There is a sidewalk bordering the streets. In the middleground is a bare area with tall grass and bushes and a tree on the far right. Behind the tree is a house. In the middleground on the far left is another house with a shed in front of it. In the background are additional houses and trees. The bare corner was previously the sight of General Knight's house which was built by Daniel A. Tilton. Written below the picture in the album is "General Knight's corner bare for first time in many decades.". Written beside the picture in the photograph is "Three points of an old Laconia corner in 1948. One torn down, one pushed back, one replaced. Prominent spot in the early history of the town."
|Place||Main Street, Union Avenue intersection, Laconia|
|Repository||From the collections of Laconia Public Library|