|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
This black and white photograph depicts Sam McGloughlin's (spelling) Blacksmith Shop on Canal Street in 1903.
In the foreground is a wooden floor with a man standing on the far right. There is a large beam next to him and some equipment. On the far left in the middleground is a man standing next to a horse. Farther in the background are the back walls of the blacksmithing shop with several pieces of equipment, supplies, chairs, stools etc. There is a set of wooden stairs also in the middle leading to the upper level of the buildling. In the background on the far right are two more men standing. There are windows along the back walls.On the rafters are two signs, one stating "Nervine" and the other stating " Napthoil". Written below the picture in the album is " Sam McGloughlin's Blacksmith Shop on Canal Street in 1903. Establishment of magnetic interest to boys when the horse was king of the road. Signs on Rafter read "Nervine" and "Napthoil". Across the street was Dave Marsh's Livery Stable."
|Place||Canal Street, Laconia|
|Repository||From the collections of Laconia Public Library|
McGlouglin's Blacksmithing Shop
Equipment & supplies