Lakes Region History Online
Laconia Historical & Museum Society

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number H2010.0130.0003
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description Black and white photograph of the exterior of three small buildings at The Weirs.

All three buildings' gable ends face the camera. The first two (from left to right) have gambrel rooflines. The far left building has a sign on it which reads, "Manchester." Two girls, a woman and a man stand outside its open doors. The middle one has dormers in its slope. This building has a sign which reads, "Laconia." The far right one has a simple gable roof. There is a hammock strung between two trees. On back in pencil, "Weirs NH c 1888-1890, Building part of G. A. R. Veterans Assn. Layout."
Earliest Date 1888.0
Latest Date 1890.0
Place The Weirs, NH
History of Ownership copied by Andrew Childs probably in 1950s-1960s
Additional Information 0.0
Repository from the collection of Laconia Historical & Museum Society, Inc.
Search Terms The Weirs
G.A.R. Building
Methodist Campground
Subjects 1880s

Gambrel roofs
Camp meetings