|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
This color photograph depicts a Concord Coach.
In the foreground is a man on the far left dressed in a shirt and pants and wearing glasses. He is looking up at a Concord Coach which is in the foreground up on a wooden trailor. The coach faces to the right with the driver's seat on the far right . Across the top, just below the roof is lettering on the coach stating "Bear Camp River House". In 1870 Leander D. Sinclair sold his horses and coaches, who in turn sold them to James H. Plummer of Gilford, N.H. Plummer had just purchased Banks Hotel and renamed it the Bearcamp River House. He later sold all but one Coach ( #80) and had it redecorated and named "Bearcamp River House". The coach was used to transport guests from the railroad to the inn and to take them on sightseeing trips. In the background on the left is a large tree and some lower trees and bushes. In the far background on the left are houses and buildings visible through the trees. In the far background on the right are additional buildings, one appears to be a long warehouse. On the back is written "Union 3 col Coach", and "25%"and "N.H. Concord Coach".
|Repository||From the collections of Laconia Public Library|
Bear Camp Riverhouse