Lakes Region History Online
Laconia Historical & Museum Society

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number L1990.0110.C.0012
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description This sepia colored photograph depicts one of the Laconia Fire Engine Houses, located on Water Street.

The brick fire engine house has five large double door entrances with a window above each. On the far left is another largere building and what appears to be a tower in the background. There is a smaller house on the far right. The photograph is glued to a construction paper backing on which is written "Fire Engine House" on the front. On the back is written "James H. Tilton".
Earliest Date 1850
Latest Date 1950
Repository From the collections of Laconia Public Library
Search Terms Laconia
Laconia Fire Department
Water Street
Subjects Buildings
Entrances
Windows
Doors & doorways
Towers
Houses
Fire departments
Fire engines & equipment
Fire fighting
Fire stations